MáLà Project is a restaurant brand founded with a mission to deliver joy through neo-Sichuanese cuisine. From fiery MáLà Dry Pots to comforting Northern Chinese classics, it’s a cozy place to gather round with friends and family.
The Dry Pot is at the center of any MáLà Project order. Choose from endless combinations of meat, seafood, vegetables, and other unique ingredients to be wok fried with Chef Zhao’s secret MáLà Sauce. Made from a complex blend of 24 herbs and spices–each with a specific medicinal purpose–cooked over six hours, to create a mouth-watering flavor that keeps you craving for more. The menu boasts a selection of quintessential Dim Sum, Noodles, and Speciality Rices to complement the Dry Pot. The drinks menu offers Chinese favorites like Plum Juice and Tsingtao alongside other beer selections, wine, and an inspired cocktail list.
- Michelin Guide’s Point of ViewMichelin GuideFeb142023
- 5 Michelin Guide Bib Gourmand Spots to Have a Prosperous Lunar New YearMichelin GuideJan192023
- Northeast Restaurants Celebrating Lunar New YearAAA TodayJan192023
- MáLà Dry Pot RecipeEpicuriousJan182023
- That’s the SpiritFlavor and The MenuJan112023
- MáLà Project has an opening date in BrooklynEater NYJan102023
- MáLà Project East Village: The Resy Guide to Celebrating Lunar New Year in New YorkResyJan062023
- MáLà Project NYE & NYD Dry Pot: Spots To Celebrate New YearsCoolStuff.NYCDec232022
- The 14 Best Restaurants Open on Christmas Eve and Day in NYCTime Out New YorkNov222022
- The Founder of NYC’s MáLà Project Wants Everyone to Have a Good TimeCaviarNov152022